Earlier last week when this was all a shock and new and I was having random and fearful thoughts like the financial part of this and the seperation issues and how would Kaley handle all this to things like do I decorate for christmas? , do I put lights up on the house? What about Thanksgiving. It is deep in tradition. Think about it for a moment. It is all about turkey, Yams and more importanly the pumpkin and pecan pie. It is about shopping for groceries making food assignments and then after you wake up from that turkey induced nap you plan out your Black Friday shopping statagies and map your early am route. That has been the tradition at our house for years. So when I was driving to Salt lake last week I had a problem that needed a soulution. Would Tanner be sick from treaments. Do we accept invitations for dinner in SLC, or do we spend a quiet day together with Tanner With cafiteria food? The answer is so obvious. The title of this post is our day of Thanksgiving. That is exactly how we spent it. Guyann brought over the majority of the fixins, I had a pie making Clinic with Shayna and my FAVORITE grandson, Jaxon, I confiscated one of the pecan pies, and I made Tanner a Specially handled meal at the restaurant where I could control the cooling time of the food to keep it safe for him as he is a high risk for bacteria. We used the foot of his bed for our dining table and pulled our chairs up and gave our thanks to be together as a family and enjoyed our dinner.
When I was last there on Monday he was just beginning to feel better. When I entered the room today, what a difference. He was sitting up and waiting for his dinner. he ate most of it and then proceeded to talk about the Patriots game on TV that his nurse and he were sparring about.
He only has 2 days of this treatment left to go. Sunday will be his first day of no Chemo. He will then wait for about 2-3 weeks for his body to recover and blood count to come up then come home for about a week. Today his white count is almost "0". His spirits are as good as can be expected. His computer would not log on the hospital network last week so I took it in and had a reinstall done on it. Today it works as it should. He was glad to finally have his own.
I took him a stack of cards that have been accumulating at the house all week. some of the kids in our Primary had written him letters and made pictures for him. He loved it, the wall by his bed is mostly filled with get well wishes.
Once again the cards, e-mails, calls and acts of kindness shown to my family are truly appreciated and we are forever grateful!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment