Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer's end

I can't believe the summer is coming to a close and school is about to begin. The last few weeks have been so busy with much to get done. Kaley is entering her first year of high school. In Logan it's 9th grade. I don't know who has more emotions me or her. She is excited for her high school days, she made the freshman volleyball team as the setter. She is so excited. Football games, Friends, friends, and more friends, and a little school work on the side. For me, she is my baby, my last one and she is now in high school. I am excited to cheer her on as she moves forward in all aspects of her life. She truly is an amazing young women.

This weekend we were able to use a dear friends condo at bear lake. This was a much needed break for our family. Shayna, Shawn, and my sweet grandson Jaxon came with us. Although it was great to be together, I thought of Tanner often, one was missing, and for me there was a huge empty place in my heart. I tried hard not to cry or mention it, but I felt the others noticed it as well. I thought of when the kids were small and we would take them to the beach and they would play for hours. Sand buckets, shovels, seashells, lunch, floaty tubes, and root beer. What a treasured memory. I have a picture of Tanner and Kaley sitting on the beach facing the water with their backs toward me, Tanner's hand is on Kaley's back taking care of her. I love that picture. So many cherished memories...lock them in side and hold them close...they help me get by another day.

We took Kaley and went to the pickleville play "Joseph and the amazing technicolored dream coat. It was so fun, the dancing, singing and laughs were just what we needed. Kaley even had a great time, except for the man sitting next to her that fell asleep in her arm rest. Kind of funny.
All in all it was a good trip. Thank you so much Tina for the use of your condo, we enjoyed our time together. .... A day at a time....

Love Kristi



3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Kaley making the v-ball team! I love it:) I agree with you to keep those memories close and cherish them! You are so amazing and strong. I am so grateful that I met you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, you are amazing. Thank you for the photo book, Erin and the other kids were EXCITED EXCITED EXCITED! It was wonderful to see you.

    I am glad you guys got a get-a-way! You seriously deserved it.

    We love you! Jill & Fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Lizzie's. Tanner looked like such a cute guy and obviously very strong and inspiring. I am so sad he didn't get to stay here longer. You and your family sound pretty amazing and I'm glad you have continued to post. I'm sure Tanner's story has and will continue to inspire so many....thank you! I am also a cancer mom....my little baby was 4 months old when he was diagnosed with AML and we are currently at Primary's undergoing chemo. Again thank you!! Sadie Schanz (sadieandherboys.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete