Total Pageviews

Friday, September 9, 2011

Letter

This letter is from a cancer mom, I don't think she knows how priceless this letter is to me. We have become friends as we are in a group called "Utah's mom's of cancer fighting cuties". She has a beautiful little boy who is still receiving treatments. My dear Friend, I love you and thank you for letting me share you letter.


Kristi
I just watched the video you posted and got so emotional seeing pictures of Tanner. I haven't really shared this with anyone but Tanner has touched my life tremendously. I never got the privilege to meet him in person but I followed his story and he was and still is such an inspiration to me. For a long time now I haven't been active in the church. Deep down I have always known it was true but I had my issues and just never got involved. But ever since reading about Tanner things have changed. He has been my missionary. If he can go through everything he went through and still be so happy and active in the church so can I. I want to be like him and I want to live my life the way he lived his. I have had the bishopric over to my house and am planning a meeting to talk to the bishop. I have never really allowed myself the opportunity to get to know the sisters in the ward but I am starting to now. I want to thank you for raising such an amazing young man and for sharing his story with us. I know things have happened for a reason and I'm so grateful that I was able to get to know your son, even if just through your blog.


Just a little side note; I made 150 gold childhood cancer awareness ribbons today. The best I can do know is help to get the word out. Fill like I accomplished something worth while today :)

Thank you for your love and support, as Tanner would say "one day at a time"
Love and miss you my son.
Forever-strong
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kristi, that is very special. It is as you have said, Tanner's mission has been fulfilled in his ability to endure his trials in a quiet and spiritual way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were talking about him yesterday, I just kept thinking about how brave he was. He's a very inspiring kiddo.

    ReplyDelete