Total Pageviews

Friday, March 30, 2012

ITS NOT GOODBYE







This is an amazing Video that Sam Tyler, whom we previously were neighbors to, Wrote and composed in memory of Kim Nelson and our Tanner. She left on Wednesday to enter the MTC to serve her mission in the Washington DC mission. Sam was devastated when Kim left us one year ago today. She began to think about her future plans and what she needed to do. Then just 6 short weeks later Tanner left this world also. I think it was about this time she had decided that she would serve a mission. I remember talking to her at Logan Highs homecoming parade last fall. She was excited to let us hear this song she had wrote for Tanner and Kim. But last fall Kristi and I just didn't want to relive the pain that was still so fresh and still on our minds daily. So we basically kept putting her off. She emailed the lyrics and I thought to myself , Ok that's nice but I don't want to think about this. Fast forward to about 6 weeks ago. Wendy (Sam's mom) called Kristi and told her she and Sam needed to come over to visit. We we just assumed that it was just a pre-mission leaving visit. When I invited them in, Sam had her guitar with her. Then I remembered about the song and figured it out. We had a great visit then Sam informed us that we HAD to hear this song before she left. Well it has now been 10 months since Tanner has been gone and it is easier in some ways. As I sat and listened to her play and sing this song she wrote. I was had this overwhelming feeling that we needed to get this out for others to hear. I called an old neighbor down the street from Sam who does wedding videos as a side business and ask him to film it. Sam got it to me the day before she left to the MTC. I hope you feel as Kristi and I did of the powerful impact that these lyric have and that it is truly not goodbye.




As I mentioned earlier March 31 marks 1 year since Kim Nelson passed away. My memory of her is that she had a deep love for her Savior. I remember being in next door with Tanner and she was having a video party around valentines day last year. She was pretty sick at the time as I was following her progress but she wouldn't let her illness stop her from enjoying visits from friends. That is just the way Kim is, just so thoughtful of others.




Things with family are good and we are trying to put some things together to raise awareness for childhood cancer at some summer events here in Logan in additions for some retail sales at the store. I am learning about the world of retail and packaging. I might add a bit frustrating but in the end it should be well worthwhile.




If I could ask, please post some comments of what you think or feel of the video that I might share with Sam and her family.




Forever Strong




Robert

3 comments:

  1. I get goosebumps every time I hear it. It's so true the words she wrote. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation and the knowledge we have. It's not good bye...more just a I'll see you in awhile:) I think of you all every time I look out my kitchen window (which is a lot)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so miss these 2 sweet wonderful people! They touched and continue to touch so many lives. The song is beautiful. I would love to be able to read the lyrics, if you could post them! Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! This is a great tribute to both of these young people. They continue to touch lives. May God continue to bless you with peace and comfort.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete