Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Green beans

Yesterday was a busy day with lots of running around. Kaley was selling hot dogs for the 3rd day in a row trying to earn money for her trip to nationals in the spring. What dedication she has had to spent six hours a day in the hot trailer selling a hot dog and a drink for 35 cents. Not much was raised but she put the effort in.


As I ran my many errands a trip to the grocery store was the final stop. Not a good thing to do on Saturday. Macey's was having there case lot sale so I picked up a few things. A case of corn was on the list, right next to it was the sliced green beans...tears came, Tanner loved sliced green beans, I guess I won't be buying to many of those any more. It's the little things that catch you by surprise, middle of the store crying over green beans. Don't think this sadness will ever end. Some day I hope to just control it a little better.


Kristi
















4 comments:

  1. What a powerful little example of how the sorrow sneaks in everywhere. I am so sorry about it all. Here is a virtual hug! I still think of you all the time and send a prayer your way often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, thank you for sharing these experiences with us, it helps us understand the day to day heartaches and miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holding a newborn always does it for me. I look back at his newborn pictures and just wonder how much of his marrow was slowly being filled up with leukemia cells. I'm glad you share these things with us. Your thoughts are golden. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made 29,000 on the hit counter! Woohoo!!!That's awesome...that tells you how much you all are loved. Glad to be able to visit. Go Grizz volleyball!

    ReplyDelete