Tanner had a fabulous first part of the week. Thursday was an amazing day as you read about in the last post. Those 3 visits that day will definitely be remembered. On Friday however his fever again reappeared. They keep doing blood cultures daily but nothing is growing so they don't know where the infection is coming from. Dr Lemons was here when I got here today and said that they were going to do a ct scan on Monday to check for things lie pneumonia and other things that don't show up in a blood culture. Then he said that they could do it today if he wanted. He said that he wanted to do it today. By mid afternoon we had the results He has something called Typhlitis. It is an inflammation of the cecum (where the stomach meets the intestine) this answers why he has been nauseated again and the pains last week and now the fever. So how is it treated do you ask. Simple just rest it. If your feet hurt just stay off of them. If your back hurts to sit up, just lay down. So how do you rest your stomach just don't use it. That's right he can now not eat or drink anything for a few days. He will now be fed TNP though his central line. His resolve to beat this is amazing. I haven't heard him complain at all. And when I read his posts I have to remind myself that he is handling this is his own way.
I was able to attend sacrament meeting here at the hospital today. I have to say it was very enjoyable. The opening song was announced that is was not in the hymn book but a copy that was though out the auditorium. I didn't need a copy as it was one we had learned this year in primary. "He Sent His Son" It then occurred to me that had I been in Logan, I would have been in Primary at that same time. I miss my primary kids, they are just amazing in their knowledge of the gospel.
This afternoon Tanner is feeling better than this morning. I am grateful to be able to spend some time with him again. Some day we will have an answer for the trials we "get to" endure.
The Love shown to our family and the prayers offered on our behalf have been felt over the last 4 weeks. The staff here is awesome, When you run into a previous nurse in the hall and they ask how he is this week, you know that they truly care about the patients.
No comments:
Post a Comment