Finally Tanner is feeling good. He is counting the days till he can come home, even though it is only for a few days. He had a group of 3 of his friends visit yesterday, when he saw them he was so excited. But apparently one of this group brought some play toys with him and lets just say the nursing staff was happy for them to come but more excited to see them leave. It was good to see him finally a bit more upbeat.
On Monday the people from the transplant team met with Kristi and Tanner. They said that the hospital had run out of sugar so there was not enough to sugarcoat any of the discussion. Plain and simple this will we an extremely difficult next few months. I have no doubt that Tanner can fight this but nevertheless I cannot say I know how he feels and what it is like. I only know that through faith, prayers and the love of our father in heaven he will indeed serve the mission he was called to fulfill.
At Ellis there is a "Joke of the Week" posted on the speech room door. This week it says:
ReplyDeleteWhat do you call an old snowman?
a: water
Everytime I walk by that door the jokes make me smile. It is fun seeing the kids trying to figure some of them out.
We are glad you are feeling a little bit better today. I read your mom's post about the bone marrow transplant list. We are passing that info around. There are so many simple things that we all can do to help anyone who is in need. Thanks to you, I am sure the bone marrow registry will have more options for those who are in need.
We love all of you!