It has been a long while since I shared any thoughts. I used to post every sunday afternoon, sharing some of the experiences of the previous week. Well today I would like to share some thoughts of the last month. I was sitting in the chair of a dentist this week whom I hadn't seen for a long period of time, mostly due to convenience. There is always a hesitaion of people when they greet you as they don't know what to say or do. However this guy has been in my position before and knew how it feels to lose someone. I don't think it was a coincidenced that I had called that morning due to breaking a tooth the day before, and he was able to see me that day. We had an amazing visit, and as I shared some things with him, I realized that most of the time it is a matter of perspective as to wether things are positive or negative. I thoght about the last 7 monthes and how much we as a family had been blessed. We drove to SLC twice a week, most of the time was in snow and rain. But had been kept safe. We were able to meet other families in the ICS who helped us cope, and see that the trials and adverity we were enduring, things could be so much worse. We were able to support other families who were new to this trial and help them get though the difficult times though our experiences. Though we spenet weeks at a time seperated as a family and the only contact we had daily was texting and phone calls, we have never been closer as a family. Tanner shared this and imformed this to Kristi in a Mothers day note he wrote her. In my employment, Things just went well for me in my resposibilities, in thinking back I am amazed at how I was able to be absent and I never had any issues come up that couldn't be handled long distance. It has been commented to me that the ward and neighborhood was brought together in making "THE RALLY FOR TANNER" a reality. But what stands out the most is that on Tanners final day here, we were able to spend May 14 day together as a family, a complete family. We live 1 block from the cemetary, we visit often. Tanner was in charge and seemed to know the answers to things before Doctors informed us. He was able to be free of pain until the last week. This is usually not the case. So looking back we were watched over and looked after. Blessed in so many ways! I could go on and on.
I have been trying to come up with the words to describe the last 5 weeks for a while now. And cannot yet describe the support we have recieved. We have been comforted by so many and still not a day goes by that we recieve a card or letter in the mail telling us what an impact Tanner had on them. These are the things that get us through the hard times. We live in an amazing community and neighborhood, and I cannot imagine the last 6 monthes with out the help we recieved. Simply put we have been taken care of. The hardest thing for me to do was to say yes to some of the service shown to us. These things will never be forgotten, as they were done out of Love and compassion.
I hope these thoughts make sense, as I am not much of a writer.
Love
Robert
it is amazing and inspiring to see how you are pulling out the positives, even in your pain. praying that you and your family will continue to stay strong and continue focusing on the positives. God bless you all :)
ReplyDeleteRobert & Kristi--We still think of you and your family. We know that the last few months have been difficult and yet you continue to teach us all how to face adversity with faith and the calm reassurance of the Plan of Salvation. We appreciate you sharing your tender feelings. We still pray for you!
ReplyDeleteFrost & Marie Steele