I cant beleive it has been this long between posts! Tanner is feeling good and just waiting for his counts to come back, maybe monday, likley tuesday, and almost for sure by Wednesday he will be home. But only for a few days. He is doing so well that his doctors dont want to slow down treatemts since he is responding so well and without major side effects. There is not really a whole lot to talk about. He has had a good week with visits from some pretty special friends. I was talking to a grandparent of a long term patient, ( there is a good chance she will never go home again) He was just needing some one to listen to him. He talked about what great people that there are in the world and I told him that indeed there were. We shared examples of how different people have impacted our lives and how sometimes we are the ones who need to accept the fact that we need to allow service so others can receive blessings of service. This led me to reflect of a visitor on Monday last week. This person had been out of town and was scheduled to arrive home last Sunday evening. I got a text asking how tanner was doing, and I responded to them and suggested they call him. 2 hours later they came to visit at the hospital. That in its self is not surprising as the the airport is close by. But turns out They missed their flight and ended up driving home. They drove by Logan and continued south and added almost 4 hours of extra drive time to their schedule.
I share this story because a I look back, I was the one who needed the visit as this was going on 4 weeks since our family had been together. That being said last night Kaley, Kristi, Tanner and myself were able to be together last night and we attended Sacrament meeting here at the hospital today before Kristi and Kaley went home.
Kristi was also able to find a 2 bedroom house to rent so we will now be able to have a bit more comfort and convenience than what we have done in the past. This is a huge relief as there is not a lot of options when it comes to short term rentals.
As always it is great to know of support and prayers on our behalf. Words cannot describe the feelings of gratitude.
Thank You
Robert
No comments:
Post a Comment