Jan 1st 2011,
Thank you to all of you for making our Christmas the BEST one ever. We felt so loved and cared for. Tanner enjoyed his time at home, he was beyond spoiled and loved every minute of it. Thank you for remembering Kaley, I had to remind her that Christmas won't be like this every year so many presents, thank you. Thank you to Cache Valley Women's center for the gift of family pictures!
We can't begin to thank all of you for your kindness, please know of our love for each of you, and gratitude, with times of trials comes, love, support, comfort and blessings we have been blessed to have wonderful family and friends, and past and present ward members who have daily remembered us in there thoughts and prayers, thank you.
Now for the update. Tanner and I came to Primary's on Wednesday, for and echo, clinic visit and a bone marrow extraction. We got the good news on Thursday, no cancer cells were seen!!!
This means most likely one less round of chemo. We came back down yesterday for admit, and of course he had a fever, so they won't start chemo till everything has checked out ok, so he had a chest x-ray, nasal swab (nasty) and lots of blood work, so far everything is ok so we will probably start chemo today. What a great way to start the new year...
So as far as we know, we will have this round of Chemo and then the Bone Marrow Transplant. Tanner was officially a candidate on the transplant registry on Wednesday, so the search begins, but they are confident they can find him a good match.
Thanks to my Boss's for being so supportive, I am blessed to work for not just great Dr's but great people.
Happy New Year
Love to All
Kristi
Oh, I am so glad that he has no sign of cancer cells in his marrow! Wow, what a way to start the new year. I hope that the fevers aren't anything big and that you can get started on that next round of chemo.
ReplyDeleteSuch good news about no cancer cells being seen. Hope the fever is gone, and this round of Chemo is under way with none of the side effects. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteOver the past few months I have ran accross several blogs for various patients at Primary's. I am a kid's crew volunteer there and even though I don't think I've seen Tanner I want to let you and your family know that you will be in my prayers. All of the patients that I work with amaze me everday. I knew that I had to deal with a rare neurological disorder as a teenager, but never anything as tough as cancer. I see how all of patients at Primary's fight through and it and never give up! It's great to hear that you do not have any cancer cells in your bone marrow! Good luck with the rest of your chemo and your bone marrow transplant!
ReplyDelete