I was able to come down Sunday afternoon for a couple of days. Tanner is not feeling good, but then we expect that. When he was readmitted he had a fever as Kristi posted earlier. It is most likely caused by a type of staph infection. ( we all have staph present on our skin) they are currently treating it with a couple different antibiotics. it will be another day or 2 till they know exactly what to treat it with if it is different than what they are doing now. The side effects are the same as before body rash and fevers caused by meds(?) and all the others you would expect. The stuff he gets for nausea make him drowsy so he sleeps alot. Which is good. He does have periods of time where he is alert where he does play games on his gadgets that he was given for his birthday and Christmas (thank you). When I arrived last night I couldn't help but notice his phone ws constantly buzzing from a text. After a couple hours of this I finally ask him who he was talking to and he told me it was with Kim who is another patient down the hall. Isn't this technology we have simply amazing .
Treament is going as expected , 2 days down 6 to go.
As always we are forever gratful
Robert
P.S. They moved Tanner to a different room today not as large but now have a west view so that is good right???
Hi Tanner and parent :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that your not feeling well. Hopefully you can sleep through most of the bad parts. I'm glad to hear that people were so good to you for Christmas. I love how open peoples hearts can become. We are so grateful for you strong spirit and courage that you show our family. Porter wants to tell you "Hi" and he misses you a lot. We got him a "Forever Strong" bracelet today, and he has to wear it on his ankle so it doesn't come off. He thinks it makes him stylin'.
All our love and keep smiling.
Dana and Porter, and the clan